When it comes to effective, reliable, safe teeth-straightening treatments, Invisalign and traditional braces are two of the best! For decades now, these orthodontic services have helped countless patients address everything from mild bite issues to more severe crowding. So, how can you tell which one is right for you? It’s a common question for patients to ask. If you’ve wondered something similar, then keep reading to learn all about Invisalign vs. braces.
The Main Differences Between Invisalign and Traditional Braces
When determining whether Invisalign or braces is right for you, there are a few important factors to consider:
- The severity of the orthodontic issue – While mild concerns, like small gaps, can be addressed with either of these two teeth-straightening treatments, more severe issues, like completely rotated teeth, require braces.
- Aesthetics – “Metal mouth” can take a toll on your self-confidence, drawing the wrong kind of attention to your smile when you laugh. Fortunately, Invisalign uses clear, virtually undetectable aligners to make your dream smile a reality.
- Oral hygiene – The metal brackets and wires that accompany traditional braces can make brushing and flossing complicated. Invisalign, on the other hand, offers patients completely removable trays for hassle-free oral care.
- Patient compliance – Unfortunately, many patients fall off-track with their Invisalign treatment timeline since they neglect to wear their aligners for 22 hours a day. Since braces can only be removed by a professional, you won’t run into that issue with traditional orthodontics.
- Treatment timeline – On average, patients with Invisalign achieve the desired results in 12-18 months. Conversely, treatment with braces often takes 24+ months.
- Emergency visits – In short, dental emergencies with Invisalign are rare. Dental injuries stemming from protruding wires and loose brackets are much more common.
So, Is Invisalign or Traditional Braces Right for You?
Ultimately, the decision of whether Invisalign or braces is best for you is up to you and your orthodontist. So, the best way to find out the answer is by scheduling an initial consultation! During this visit, your orthodontist will conduct a dental exam, determine the severity of the orthodontic issues at hand, learn about your lifestyle habits, and present your treatment options. Once you’ve reviewed the pros and cons of each in-depth, you’ll be able to make an informed decision on what route to your dream smile is best!
About the Practice
At Super Dental of Fitchburg, our philosophy is simple: offer super convenience, provide super comfortable care, make dentistry super safe, and deliver super quality treatments. Our team of exceptional doctors all share this mission, ensuring you get the same phenomenal service at each and every appointment. If you’re struggling with misaligned teeth, they can assess your dental needs to help you determine whether Invisalign or traditional braces are right for you. To get started, just get in touch with our team via our website or by phone at 978-342-8500.