Veneers – Fitchburg, MA
Conceal a Variety of
If you’re struggling with one small dental flaw, like stubborn stains, then a teeth whitening treatment can make your smile goals a reality. But what if you have multiple imperfections, like misalignment, discoloration, and chips? Do you have to undergo months of back-to-back treatment? Thanks to veneers in Fitchburg, you don’t! By adhering thin shells of porcelain to the front-facing surface of your teeth, our talented cosmetic dentist can conceal a variety of imperfections simultaneously. Get in touch with our team today to schedule your initial consultation!
Why Choose Super Dental for Veneers?
- Transform Your Smile in Just 2 Visits
- Personalized Treatment Plans for Each Patient
- Evening & Saturday Appointments
What Are Veneers?
Year after year, veneers continue to be one of the most sought-after cosmetic dentistry treatments, but what exactly are they? In short, they are thin shells of custom-made porcelain. By adhering them to the front-facing surface of your teeth, they can conceal everything from minor misalignment to permanent discoloration!
The Process of Getting Veneers
The first step toward transforming your smile with veneers is scheduling an initial consultation with our cosmetic dentist in Fitchburg. During this appointment, they will ask you a few questions, learn more about the features that make up your dream smile, and conduct an oral exam. After any preliminary procedures are completed, like periodontal therapy, a portion of your enamel will be removed. This “prep” ensures that the veneers won’t protrude in an unflattering way. From there, impressions of your mouth will be taken, which the lab artisans will use to create your veneers. Once ready, you’ll return to our office for the final placement!
The Benefits of Veneers
With so many amazing cosmetic dental treatments to pick from, you may be wondering why veneers are so popular. Well, this smile-transforming service comes with numerous benefits, including:
- Quick turnaround time – Start to finish, the entire veneers process can be completed in as little as two visits.
- Longevity – With proper care, veneers can last for 10+ years!
- Stain-resistant – Unlike your natural enamel, porcelain is resistant to stains, ensuring you can enjoy a bright, white smile for years to come.
- Easy maintenance – Veneers can be kept in pristine condition with the same best practices you follow to keep your own teeth happy and healthy (i.e., brushing twice a day, flossing daily, etc.).
- Customization – Since veneers are custom-made for each patient, they are extremely versatile. So, they can be used to address one tooth or conduct a complete smile makeover. Plus, the results can be as natural or dramatic as you’d like!
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
When it comes to choosing the best way to improve your smile, there’s no doubt that quality is important. After all, your smile says a lot about you, so it’s essential that it’s saying the right things! Thankfully, you get what you pay for with veneers. While they’re typically more expensive than other cosmetic procedures, they offer the most comprehensive way to transform your smile. That being said, it’s important to consider all your options to ensure you’re choosing the best one for your specific goas. Read on as we go over more about the cost of veneers in Fitchburg and what you should keep in mind.
Cost VS Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Right for Me?
At Super Dental of Fitchburg, we’re proud to offer a wide variety of cosmetic dental treatments, all at different price paints that can accomplish different results for your pearly whites:
- Invisalign – Orthodontic treatments like Invisalign are an investment of both time and money. However, they can dramatically improve the appearance of your smile as well as your oral health. Naturally, they can only change the position of teeth, not their shape or color.
- Teeth Whitening –Teeth whitening is a fast, easy, and cost-effective way to make a big difference in how your pearly whites look. Our reliable products can effortlessly take years of stains off your smile, but remember, teeth whitening doesn’t change the shape or position of your teeth.
- Cosmetic Dental Bonding – The least expensive way to address chips, cracks, stains, and other imperfections is with cosmetic dental bonding. This treatment can reshape a flawed tooth as if there was never a problem in the first place. However, while it can enhance the size, shape, and color of a tooth, it will need to be redone every few years to maintain results.
- Veneers – While they’re certainly not the least expensive cosmetic service, veneers offer the easiest and most straightforward way to dramatically improve all aspects of your smile, from one minor problem to numerous imperfections.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Like most all cosmetic services, veneers rarely receive any coverage from dental insurance. However, that doesn’t mean that the smile of your dreams is financially out of reach! Our knowledgeable team will be happy to work with you to make your treatment as affordable as possible. We have special offers that can help lower the cost of your care. Additionally, financing through CareCredit can make a tremendous difference as well! With multiple low- to no-interest plans to choose from, qualifying patients can get their veneers right away and then pay for them in smaller monthly installments over time. Call us today or visit us online to apply for CareCredit .
Have questions about veneers? We’ve got answers! So, if you want to learn more about the treatment process, the cost, or how to care for your new and improved smile, don’t hesitate to let our team know. If, however, you aren’t quite ready to give us a call or schedule your consultation, that’s okay – keep reading for the answers to FAQs about veneers.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
The longevity of your veneers will largely depend on how well you care for them as well as your natural teeth. For this reason, we encourage our patients to take preventive dentistry seriously, which starts with your at-home oral hygiene regimen and extends to your biannual visits to our office. With this in mind, there are several studies that have found that veneers can last for well over a decade. In fact, research by Layton found that more than 90% lasted for 10 years and research by Beier found that 83% lasted for 20 years!
Will I Still Be Able to Drink Coffee with Veneers?
Yes, you can still drink coffee with veneers! If you’re a coffee enthusiast, then you’ll also be happy to learn that materials like porcelain are stain-resistant (unlike your enamel). So, enjoying this caffeinated beverage won’t result in stubborn stains resurfacing anytime soon. Of course, we still recommend using a straw to prevent your surrounding teeth from discoloring. Furthermore, you shouldn’t fill your coffee with loads of added sugar since this can cause your teeth to decay.
Do Veneers Give You a Lisp?
No, veneers will not give you a lisp. The reason this is a common misconception is that sometimes there is a slight adjustment period following your final appointment. However, the large majority of patients don’t run into any issues with their speech since the veneers are attached to the front-facing surface of teeth, not the back. Plus, a small portion of enamel is removed in the “prep” process to ensure that your veneers don’t protrude in an unnatural way. Remember, veneers wouldn’t be a sought-after treatment by actors, singers, and other celebrities if they permanently altered their speaking patterns!
Is There Anything I Can’t Eat with Veneers?
Technically, there aren’t any foods that are off-limits. However, like your natural teeth, your veneers can chip and sustain premature wear. So, it’s still a good idea to exercise caution with extremely hard, crunchy, and sticky foods, such as peanut brittle and gummy candies. In fact, it’s probably best to avoid treats like these altogether since they are also loaded with sugar that can cause your underlying tooth to decay. Instead, focus on adding vitamin-rich foods to your diet that will support your oral health, like fruits and vegetables.
How Many Veneers Will I Need?
There are a few things we need to determine in order to provide you with an answer. For example, do you want to completely transform your smile? In that case, we may recommend between six and twelve veneers. If, on the other hand, you’d prefer to fix just one tooth that’s discolored, chipped, or otherwise imperfect, then we may only need a single veneer to make your smile goals a reality.